Friday, November 09, 2007

colourful wednesday

on tuesday evening I went to no avestruz to see my friend anla courtis playing with a superb drummer called chris corsano, stunning improv. corsano is presently on tour with bjork.

wednesday: after a long day of guitar lessons I visited charly to deliver his birthday gift: 3 essential dvds

around 21:30 charly said I'm to see bjork...I said can I join...he said sure!

so I left my car at his place and there we went... charly, gaby and I to teatro gran rex for bjork's concert. charly and g had tickets...so I couldn't get in but stayed at the door talking with friends...charly comes out the theatre and said let's go to hotel faena, pedro will join us and we'll meet with bjork there. there we went...

we stayed at faena hotel until we got a call saying bjork was waiting at the theatre dressing room...there we went, with charly and pedro packed in my car...

we arrived at the gran rex, we got into the dressing rooms area and charly said let's go to la ideal, there we'd meet bjork and the musicians...so there we went...pedro went back home...and we had pizza, champagne and beer with bjork and a group of icelandic women, most of them musicians, in a deligthful venue with a live tango band playing, some people dancing and a few other celebs at the table. I drove charly back around 3:00 and drove back home.

on this photo taken by ludovico, I'm sharing the stage at biblioteca nacional de buenos aires with mr miguelius a few weeks ago; a duet of vocal beat box and guitar synth beat box!





















good news! buffalo daughter's sugar, yumiko and moog and drummer sotoyama will join me at the cay concert next december 16th in tokyo...yes!!!!!!

No comments: