Thursday, July 06, 2006

july 2nd, in japan


kabusacki


july 2 sunday

TOKYO

7:45 - breakfast at asia center hotel

not sleep to sleep last night. jet lag not gone yet, after 3 days

uma's 2 new teeth are coming out

we played last night the first gig of this tour: seiichi, yuji, alejandro, santiago and myself, with special guest ua on vocals. full house. wonderful sound, engineered by zak. inspired evening. back at the hotel, very tired...laundry. endless drying process

very busy times before departing to japan...

here's an outline of what I've been up to before coming to japan:

- completion of kabusacki 7+8 cds. they are now both ready and manufactured
- several gigs with francisco bochaton in buenos aires, cordoba and la plata
- rehearsals with francisco
- rehearsals and gigging with flopa
- gigs with la national film chamber orchestra at malba
- preparation for the trip to japan
- recordings with charly garcia for his new cd (which, btw, will be stunning!!!)

in the evening we played in osaka, with kazuhisa uchihashi (whose sounds in 7+8 are amazing) and some guests. an extense performance, very rich, very musical. very good attendance. very moving: kiri's mother was in the audience and seiichi introduced us. I believe I should have been strong as to contain this kind woman, but at her presence I could not stop from crying. I was frozen, petrified, could not say a word. I was so moved I could not react. so strong. It was an honour to meet kiri's mother. kiri was one of the most wonderful persons I've ever met, and one of my best friends ever. she passed away exactly 3 years ago. the concert in tokyo last friday was dedicated to her memory, at least personally for me.

No comments: